Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Devotions 28-11-06

Job 29: 2-4
"Oh that I were as in months gone by, as in the days when God watched over me; When His lamp shone over my head and by His light I walked through darkness; As I was in the prime of my days, when the friendship of God was over my tent;"

It is good to reflect on days when I felt used by God and God was blessing me in what I was seeking to do. Yet the days of difficulty are just as important and maybe even more important. These days are days of refining my faith and purifying my commitment to God regardless of the circumstances. I Pet 1:6-7 says "in this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, that the proof of your faith being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;" There are things more important than success and being used by God in ministry. It is my faith in Him and my confidence in Him no matter what is happening in my life.

I feel so good when God is doing great things through me but there can be an element of pride in this even though I am seeking to give God the glory. After I have gone through a few tests of my faith the pride factor is greatly diminished. I can be more relaxed and give God all the glory and my pride in minimized.

Lord, thank You for those trials that You have brought into my life to refine my faith and improve my character. I have moaned and groaned and cried a lot but I see now how important they were for me to learn to love You more deeply and more sincerely. Help my children to also learn these truths as they go through the difficult times of life. Lord through it all our focus must be on You and making our will Yours. Thank You Lord for Your great love and mercy to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home