Thursday, November 23, 2006

Devotions 23-11-06

I Thess 5:18 Happy Thanksgiving
"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

This is a powerful verse and requires for me to have a deep confidence in the sovereignty of God. I am to give thanks for the good and the bad. It is easy to give thanks for the successes but not so easy for my failures. To give thanks for good and wise decisions but hard when I make foolish and unwise decisions. This is God's will for me as I live out my life in Christ.

What do I have to give thanks for this Thanksgiving Day-the bad first. I lost part of a filling in one of my teeth yesterday, I am a week late in turning in a finance report, my wife is in another city with our daughter on this day, one of my other teeth is not feeling well and I should see a dentist for both of these, I am away from home and the comforts of home. My daughter is going through some very difficult times in her life. She could lose everything she has due to financial difficulties. Yet God is sustaining me and is giving me good things as well.

I am not sick today and can enjoy this Thanksgiving with friends that I have known for years. I am spending Thanksgiving with Jack and Carole Mayhall who I deeply respect and have admired over the years. My wife is able to be with my daughter to help her during some very difficult times in her life. I have a wonderful family with fourteen wonder grandchildren. I have been able to see five of them while on this trip. God has provided a place for me to stay that is not costing me anything while on this trip. The blessing of God would fill fill a page and far overshadows the difficulties I have. It is truly a day to be Thankful!

Lord, I could never Thank You enough for all You have done for me. I pray I would freely express my Thanks to You before others so You would be honored. You have given to me so freely and so richly and I am forever grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home