Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Devotions 22-11-06

II Cor 6:17-18
"Therefore come out from their midst and be separate" says the Lord. "And do not touch what is unclean; and I will welcome you. "And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me," says the Lord Almighty.

These are the promises that are referred to in II Cor 7:1. It is part of my responsibility to clease myself and to perfect holiness in my life. This truth is not telling me to avoid sinners but to not indulge in what they fill their lives with that is dishonoring to the Lord.

The promise is that God will welcome me as His son and He will be my father. What a wonderful and awesome promise. This is not salvation but a relationship based on my obedience to what God desires from His children. I become God's child by faith but my relationship grows as I obey His truths that protect me and honors Him.

Lord, it is so difficult to perfect holiness in my life while seeking to reach the lost in the world in which we live. Give me a greater resolve to obey Your truths and not allow the world to pull me into those actions or attitudes that hurt my relationship with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home