Friday, November 03, 2006

Devotions 03-11-06

Job 10
Job is trying to understand why God is allowing all his suffering to take place. He is not angry at God because he knows that is futile and wrong. He is asking the big "why" question. What have I done that would merit this suffering to come upon me. God is silent and so Job must continue to trust Him.

I am sure most every believer has experienced some of this in their walk with God. I have had this feeling when I thought I was walking intimately with God. It is not a good feeling. I learned a lot about myself through this and realized that I was not as righteous as I thought I was. What God did to me was what I truly needed. I was not sick like Job but I felt greatly misunderstood by others. God comforted and encouraged me through His Word and revealed to me how much He loved me.

Prov 3:5-6 is the answer to Job and to everyone having hard times for no apparent reason. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." God will do what is best for us if we will obey Him and trust Him! This is not easy to do but it is the best way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home