Monday, August 21, 2006

Devotions 18-08-06

Prov 14:23
"In all labor there is profit,but mere talk leads only to poverty."

Any kind of work is better than doing nothing. I know the enemy of my soul wants me to waste away valuable time of my life doing nothing. I know that rest and relaxing is also important but hours or days of doing nothing is very harmful to us and does great damage to our spiritual life as well.

It is easy to talk about what should be done and make all sort of plans but the work must be done by someone. I must make sure that my planning is followed by diligent and hard work. Eccles 9:10 "Whatever you hand finds to do, truly, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or wisdom in Sheol where you are going."

Lord, guide me in the work that needs to be done. I thank You for the opportunity to plan but now I must put those plans into action. In the midst of work give me wisdom in how much to work and when to take a break. Most of all guide me in the time I need to spend in Your Word and with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home