Monday, August 21, 2006

Devotions 17-08-06

Prov 14:7-9
"Leave the presence of a fool, or you will not discern words of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way, but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is good will.

When I associate with people that are foolish I can be influenced by their foolishness. I need to associate with them in order to live Christ before them and share the good news of the gospel of Jesus. I must not associate with them to the extent that I am swayed by their ungodly conduct and thinking. If I do, then I lose my ability to discern the words of knowledge. I must not do this because then I have lost my eternal perspective that is in Christ.

The person who is wise in practical matters will always be considering what he is doing in light of eternity. I must always be making course corrections because life is not static but dynamic. I must not get to feel comfortable in what I am doing and fail to change following the principles and ways of God. The fool does not make those changes and deceives himself and others by his actions.

Fools laugh and make fun of sin or guilt but the upright are quick to acknowledge wrong and are quick to change. I must be alert to my actions and the way I am thinking. I do not want to let sin grip me in any way and gradually pull me into the ways of evil.

Lord, I am so aware of my foolishness and know that I am vulnerable to the foolishness that is around me. I know I am more influenced by the world than I want to admit. Lord, help me to be strong in Your Word and to evaluate my life regularly by it. Thank You for all You have done to protect me and to lead me in Your ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home