Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Devotions 16-08-06

Prov 13:20
"He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."

If I associate myself with men who are wise I will learn from them just by being around them. I learn how they make decisions and I observe their results and I will want to do the same. I also see how they respond to difficulties and observe their commitment to certain principles of working and living.

When I am around foolish people I can begin to do what they do and am drawn into their way of life. When I do I will reap the results of foolish thinking and will have problems. I must be careful to keep my distance from foolish people. They may be good people and fun people but they are not following the ways of God and will pull me away from Him by their influence on my life.

Someone once said "He who walks with the lame learns to limp". I tend to become like those that I associate with frequently. I must seek out those who are diligent and have goals in their lives and are making their lives count for that which is important. For me I must seek to be with those who have an eternal perspective because that is what I want to do with my life.

Lord, I know Your way is the way of blessing and peace. I do not want to live for the values of this world but for the values that You give to me. Help me Lord to be diligent to do Your will and not what I want to do. Jesus came not to do His own will but the will of His Father in heaven. I want to be like Jesus! Give me the strength and the courage to follow Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home