Saturday, August 12, 2006

Devotions 12--8-06

Prov 11:24&25

"There is one who scatters, yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, but it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered."

This is some verses I memorized some years ago to aid me in my giving. I have seen this truth in the lives of my friends and have experienced it myself. When I am generous in my giving the Lord is generous to me. When I withhold what I feel God is wanting me to do I find that God withholds from me. It is a truth of God that must be obeyed if I want God to prosper me.

This generosity must be done not in view of what I will gain but my way of honoring God for all He has done for me. His generosity may not be in anything material but it will of far greater value. What God gives is eternal and will be a blessing to me as I seek to minister to others the grace of God.

Lord, help me to be truly generous with others all the days of my life. Protect me from all the things that seek to capture me and make me selfish and to fail to see the needs of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home