Friday, August 11, 2006

Devotions 11-08-06

Prov 11:10-11

"When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices, and when the wicked perish, there is glad shouting. By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is torn down."

Prov 10 &11 are contrasting the righteous with the wicked. I think these two verses in Prov 11 show the great power of righteousness and the benefits that it brings to everyone. Satan wants me to think that it is not right to impose my standard of righteousness on others but this is not true. We do not force others to worship God but we do require that they follow the laws that will be beneficial to everyone.

I must be strong in urging others to follow the principles that God has laid out for us so me and the community I am a part of is blessed by God. I must be convinced that the truths of God is the best for everyone. Of course this must be done by my example and in genuine love. I must be visibly concerned for the welfare of all others and not just believers. I must practice my righteousness in my everyday life and seek to influence others to the righteousness of Jesus.

Lord, I thank you for the examples of others on my life and how others have taught me the value of obeying what you say to me. I pray I might be able to influence others in the way of righteousness and bring You much honor and glory. I pray the community in which I live will find blessings in following your righteousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home