Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Devotions 08-08-06

Prov 8:17

"I love those who love me; and those who diligently seek me will find me."

In our lostness we do not seek God. Rom 3:11 "…there are none that seek for God;..."
Even as believers it is God that is taking the initiative and drawing us to himself. Yet as one who God has revealed Himself I have the privilege of seeking Him and showing Him my love.

What a wonderful promise that God has given to us. If we love God and seek to know Him more fully He will always be available to be found. The word diligently is added to this thought so we realize it is not a casual seeking but a seeking with determination and sacrifice to find someone of great value.

Lord, I pray that I would seek you diligently and with a whole hearted spirit. I know You are more precious than anything this world has to offer. In the context of this passage it is Wisdom that I am seeking but it is in truth Jesus Christ. I Cor 1:30 tells me that Christ is my wisdom. Lord, how I need You today and everyday of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home