Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Devotions 09-08-06

Prov 9:9-11

"Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser,teach a righteous man, and he will increase his learning. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you."

Wisdom is speaking who is Jesus Himself. I reach out to everyone with the good news of the gospel and help them as much as they allow me( Col 1:28-29). When I reach a point where they do not want to learn anymore I must move on to someone who is willing to learn. I must not waste time with someone who does not want to receive instructions. A wise man will receive instructions and will grow in wisdom. Also if a man is truly righteous he will want to learn all he can.

The fear or deep respect of God is the beginning of wisdom. Wisdom comes from God so it is obvious that I must begin with God. Then as I grow in my knowledge of God I grasp or understand who He is and learn of His excellent greatness.

It is through wisdom I avoid foolish things and stick to what is honoring to God and best for me. I am not under as much stress and God will protect me from the evil that is all about me to do me harm. My days will be multiplied and I will live a longer life to honor and serve my God.

Lord, I want to revere You more and honor You more as each year passes. Life is so fulfilling when I am walking in Your ways. I do want to grow in wisdom and understanding and teach others the privilege of being Your servant as well as Your son. Thank You Lord!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home