Saturday, August 05, 2006

Devotions 05-08-06

Prov 5:1-6

"My son, give attention to my wisdom, incline your ear to my understanding; that you may observe discretion, and your lips may reserve knowledge. For the lips of am adulteress drips honey, and smoother than oil is her speech; but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death, her steps lay hold of Sheol. She does not ponder the path of life; her ways are unstable, she does not know it."

God knows that I need His wisdom and His understanding in very practical ways. From these I gain discretion and I am able to speak truth. He knows how vulnerable I am and how foolish I can be when there is an attractive lady who kisses me and speaks words of admiration or praise. This is especially true if I have had a bad day and I am looking for some encouragement or comfort from someone. My guard is down and I am feeling a little sorry for myself.

I must be aware before hand that such women are dangerous and must be avoided. They are like something that is bitter or sharp to wound me severely. In fact her feet can lead me to my death and the very gates of evil. What appears to be a momentary encouragement or help to my weariness will lead me to pain and sorrow and will wreck my life.

This is a lady that does not know what life is all about and is looking for meaning but is seeking it in the wrong places. She needs the gospel and the love of God. She does not need the attention of a man but the mercy of a loving God. Keep God in your conversation and God will deliver you both.

Lord, I thank you for your protection of me and your deliverance all these 73 years from immoral relationships. Thank you for the pure relationship you have given to me in my precious and beautiful wife. Your wisdom and understanding is very precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home