Friday, August 04, 2006

Devotions 04-08-06

Prov 4:20-23

My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your sight; keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their whole body. Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life."

First hear the Word of God and then keep looking at it (to me this refers to my being faithful in reading the Bible) and that will help me to keep it in the midst of my heart. This sound like a lot of repetition to me, and so I ask myself why the repetition. I conclude I need it because I am always drifting away from God's truths and His Word so easily.

The results of listening to God is that I find life and health for my whole body. This sounds like a very reasonable health supplement. But of course it is even more being the source of my spiritual life.

So God urges me to watch over my heart with much attention and carefulness because the life I live springs from what I do with His Word. So what should I do?


I must use every available means to keep the Word of God in my life. Listen to men who teach the Word and live it out by example. I must read, study and memorize God's Word in my personal life and take time to meditate on what I am learning. God is so clear that it is my choice if I want to know God through His Word and obey it if I want to have a life blessed by God.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Alida Sharp said...

I enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home