Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Devotions 02-08-06

Prov 2:1-5

"My son, if you will receive my sayings, and treasure my commandments within you, make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding; for if you cry for discernment, lift your voice for understanding; if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will discern the fear of the Lord, and discover the knowledge of God."

It all begins with the Word of God; I must treasure it and make it the foundation of my life. Next I must have an attitude of wanting to apply it to my life and gaining benefit from its truths. Then there is the realization of the need of prayer and asking God to help me to understand. Yet, I must work and study and diligently search for the great treasure that the Word of God contains. The result is learning how great God is and all that He has done for me.

I am amazed at how clear God has made His truths known to us and yet how difficult it is to retain these truths in my everyday life. Knowing God is more than information but it is a deep spiritual awareness of how much I need Him to do anything of real value.

Lord help me to use this outline or foundation of life to build upon and be the man that would honor You and be a good servant in Your Kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home