Thursday, August 03, 2006

Devotions 03-08-06

Prov 3:1-4

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life, and peace they will add to you. Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good understanding in the sight of "God and man."

So I am reminded today not to forget what I know but to keep my heart in the Word of God. It is so easy to do just by neglect. But think what a treasure this obedience gives to me. I must not allow neglect or anything else to keep me from keeping the truths of God.

It is interesting that God warns me to not let kindness and truth to leave me. I think that sometimes in my kindness to others I may neglect the truth which sometimes appears to be the opposite of kindness. Or truth can seems to be harsh and cold and I need kindness to balance it out. I need the perfect blend of the two which only God can give to me.

When I have this balance from God I will find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man. They need to be in my memory bank to help me to keep this truth diligently. It is always God and then man. God must always have my first priority.

You can pray for me today to be in His Word and to exercise kindness and truth to be a vital part of my day and my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home