Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Devotions 01-08-06

Prov 1:5

"A wise man will hear and increase in learning, an a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,"

I have just finished spending seven months going through the Psalms and now I go to Proverbs but I will only spend two months here. I know that is a quick walk through Proverbs but I know there are rich nuggets here. I did memorize Ps 150 and am enjoying meditating on it.

A genuine wise man is one that not only hears but he listens carefully and learns. I know attentive hearing is important but I must work at it and not become lazy. I must evaluate carefully what I hear and check it with the Word of God so I am learning what is right and what is wrong.

If I am to be a man of understanding I must seek wise counsel. Understanding is the ability to grasp information and comprehend what is being taught. To develop understanding I must seek wise counsel. That is to seek the advice of others who have experience and have been successful. A foolish man thinks he can figure everything out on his own. Humility and a teachable spirit are needed to seek counsel but how great is the reward.

Lord I desire to be a wise man and a man of understanding. Help me to follow your advice with much prayer and diligence to Your Word.

Ps I do not know how many are using my devotional blog but it is
www.melqt.blogspot.com/. Let me know if it is not working or that you do not want to mess with it. Send me a simple reply and put one word for what you would like concerning the devotions; blog, e-mail, or none. Thanks for your input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home