Monday, January 07, 2008

Devotions 02-01-08 (New year goals)

I have been thinking some on things I truly want to accomplish in 2008. The biggest one is our move back to the USA after living in Estonia for 7+ years. We have made many moves in our life time but I would like to do this one better than I have done most moves. There are four verses of scripture that I want to focus on in the process of this move.

Phil 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Eph 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen"


Heb 13:5-6 "Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever Forsake you," so that we confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What shall man do to me?"

Eph 4:32 "And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."

These are not new thoughts to me but I want to focus on these as I go through all our shutting down our living in Estonia for the past 7+ years and starting out anew in our own country that has changed an awful lot during this time. I truly want to do better in my prayer life as I make this move. Lord, thank You for giving me these verses to hang on to as we make this move to the place You have for us. We are now on the count down to our leaving and each day must be used the best we know how. Lord, help me to not be anxious about anything but I would pray about everything and trust You to guide me in what to do. Help Lou and I to truly honor You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home