Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Devotions 01-01-08 (Eph 4:30)

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

I think to grieve someone is to hurt them emotionally. I do not hurt them physically but I wound their emotions. I generally grieve someone I love or appreciate very much. The Holy Spirit is my comforter and the one who keeps me safe until I am fully redeemed at the return of Jesus the King.

God is appealing to my heart to not do things that do not honor the Lord or the Holy Spirit who has and is doing so much for me every day. The Holy Spirit is my teacher of Truth and guides me in ministry. I am powerless with out Him and I should be so very careful not to grieve Him.

Today is the first day of 2008 and what I begin to do today will affect what I do the rest of this year. So I must seek the Lord and make Him my focus all the rest of the year. I must be a person of prayer today so I might grow in prayer the rest of this year. Holy Spirit forgive me where I have grieved You and disappointed You in what I have done with my time and how I have ordered my life. Continue to be my teacher and comforter and guide me in following Truth in the days that are before me this year, 20008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home