Friday, October 26, 2007

Devotions 26-10-07 (I Peter 5:6-7)

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you."

I can ask God to give me humility and He will brings things into my life that will humble me but there is still something lacking. God wants me to see the value of humility and for me to do it on a volunteer basis. When I humble myself before God and others it is clear that I understand the value. Maybe I need a clear plan on how I am going to do this. Then I can follow that plan and not get sidetracked by my feelings or emotion.

In order to humble myself I must be able to cast all my anxieties upon God knowing and believing that He truly cares for me. There can be many anxious thoughts when I honestly humble myself before God and others.

Lord, what is the mark of true humility? Is it doing a few things well but not trying to impress others? Is it a quiet confidence in God who sees everything and will guide me in what I should do. Is it connected with prayer and believing God is able to do much without my leading a charge. Lord, I need Your grace to do what I desire and what You desire even more. Humble my self before You and others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home