Monday, October 22, 2007

Devotions 22-10-07 (I Peter 4:11)

"Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

There are two things we do most in living life. We speak and we serve. God tells me how I should speak and how I should serve. There is a third thing I do and that is who gets the glory for what I say and what I do. God tells me Jesus Christ should get all the glory.

When I speak I should speak as if it were God speaking. How do I do this? The best way is to use the Words of God because the scriptures are the Words of God. Even as I use my words I must be conscious that what I say reflects on God because I am His child and He is my Father.

When I serve the Lord I must likewise give Him the credit for the strength and the ability He has given me. Especially as I get older I realize how limited my strength is and how He has given me strength all along. It is harder to do things in the flesh so I must secure His strength if I am going to be able to do something at all.

Now who should receive the glory? Of course the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords should receive the glory. Why would I ever want to claim this glory for myself? Why would anyone want to do this? This is the pride of man that is always getting us into trouble. It is my flesh and my natural man who is resisting the truth of God.

Lord, I do want to speak and serve in such a way that Jesus Christ is given all the glory. I do not want these to be just words but the deep conviction of my heart and soul. Give me insight and wisdom in how to do this so this is evident to all. Forgive me Lord for all I have done in my life where I have taken Glory that did not belong to me at all. Thank You for allowing me to speak and to serve You with the life You have graciously given me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home