Thursday, October 18, 2007

Devotions 18-10-07 (Titus 2:12)

"Instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age..."

Remember, yesterday "For the grace of God appeared bringing salvation to all men..." It is this grace that is instructing me to do something; first is to quit doing two things and second to do three things. These I am told to do right now in this present time.

First I must deny ungodliness. What is ungodliness? It is denying God or being disobedient to Him. Simply do not do this! Second I must deny worldly desires. This is a little harder to figure out. Eating is a worldly desire and that is not wrong because that is important to live. To eat too much and be a glutton is a worldly desire beyond my need and that is sin. So I must determine what is my real need and not to overdo or go to the extreme in meeting that need. I must be sure I am not disobeying God while seeking to meet my worldly desires. My focus must be God and not on the temporal things of the world.

The things I must seek to do is to be sensible, righteous and godly. Sensible is using my senses and reason in line with the character, love and kindness of God. Righteousness is doing what is Right and avoiding what is Wrong according to God's standard. Godly is of course acknowledging God as God and seeking to follow His ways and truth.

I must do this in this present age. It is for now and not sometime in the future. These things are always the right thing to do so I must get a good hold of them in my mind and heart and do them.

Lord, thankYou for the clarity of Your Word and the simplicity in which You give instructions and guidance. The hard part is the denying and doing what You say. I know You give Your Holy Spirit to help me and I must rely on His presence and Your grace to give me the strength and ability that I do not have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home