Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Devotions 23-10-07 (I Peter 4:12-13)

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as through some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing; so that also at the revelation of His glory, you may rejoice with exultation."

I know I should not be surprised at hard times but I do not react to hard times as well as I should. They generally come when I least expect them and when I am not prepared at all for them. That is why it is a test or trial but I still tend to complain and say why now Lord or even worst why me Lord. It is hard to get it in my head that the all wise Lord knows I have need of this.

God wants me to trust Him and to keep on rejoicing because He is God and He is my loving Savior. He is a good God and always does what is good! These test are to help me to get a firmer grip on this wonderful truth. If I look around just a little I will quickly find others that are going through more difficult times than me but I tend to focus on those who are not having it as bad as me at least from what I see.

I must have memorized this passage 40 years ago and God has encouraged me from this passage through many difficult times. I keep thinking I have learned how to handle difficulties until I reach the next one and I am once again surprised. Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness to continue to reveal to me how I must continue to trust You through all the difficulties of life. You have never forsaken me and I know You never will. As Lou and I face our big move back to the USA and getting reestablished while in our mid-seventies help us to trust You with great joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home