Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Devotions 24-10-07 (I Peter 4:19)

Therefore, let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right."

I may not always know why I am suffering but I must entrust my situation to a faithful Creator who always does what is right. His ways and purposes are far beyond what I can understand or perceive. I have felt many times over the years that what I was going through was the worst thing I could imagine. After it was past I was able to see the goodness of God in delivering me from something worse or opening a door for my good and His glory.

There are many Christians living in California who are losing their homes in fires and it seems that all that they have is lost in a single day. They can either get mad at God, which would be foolish, or they can entrust themselves and their family to a faithful Creator in doing what is right. It is easy for me to sit here and say such a thing but it is not my words but God's.

I do not know what the future holds for me and my family but I trust that when I suffer according to the will of God I will entrust my soul to a faithful Creator in doing what is right. I think all suffering is according to the will of God even in my rebellion toward God. There could be suffering that is because I am fighting against God and purposely doing evil and that suffering is just the results of my evil deeds. Even in this many times God will use this suffering to bring a person to Christ if he will soften his heart and cry out to God for mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home