Friday, October 12, 2007

Devotions 12-10-07

Ephesians 1:3-14
Verse 3 "Blessed be the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing." The rest of the verses 4-14 tell of the specific spiritual blessings God has given to us in Jesus Christ.

I would like to summarize what these blessings are in a few words or sentences. You can read it all by reading verses 3-14. I think the issue is Praise to God for all He has done for us. If you think seriously about all we have in Christ it is absolutely amazing. I will make my list and change the pronouns to personal pronouns. He has done all this for me.

1. In Christ I have been made holy and blameless before God my Father.
2. I have become a son of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
3.I have redemption and forgiveness of my sins through the blood of Jesus Christ when He died on the cross.
4.He made known to me the mystery of His will for generations to come.
5. He is preparing to sum up all things in heaven and earth in Christ.
6. I have an eternal inheritance given to me in Christ.
7. I am sealed with the Holy Spirit as a promise of my inheritance in Christ.

Is this enough to create in my heart a sense of awe and praise to God? Do I really believe that God has given me all this in Jesus Christ? I say Yes to both of these questions.

Lord, help me to praise You more often and to meditate more on all You have given me in Christ. I get so busy living life and working with other people's needs that I miss the focus I must have on You. Help me to grow deeper in my Praise of You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home