Saturday, October 20, 2007

Devotions 20-10-07 (Titus 2:14)

"Who gave Himself for us that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession zealous for good deeds."

Jesus Christ died for us so He might buy us out of a life of sin and lawless deeds. I still have the pull to lawless deeds. I do not want to follow rules that keep me from doing what I want to do. I want to be free from laws or rules so I can be a slave to my emotions and my ever changing desires. I do not want to follow rules of godly living but free to be a slave to chaos and disorder and those things that will destroy me. It does not make much sense does it?

When Jesus redeemed me He purified me and gave me a desire to follow His rules because He has loved me so and continues to love me. I now belong to Jesus and His desire is for me to do good deeds. This requires obedience to His way which is the way of real freedom. I am no longer a slave to my selfish and prideful ways but am willing to serve others for their good. I become zealous for good deeds to God's glory and His grace. How wonderful to be pure and clean by His redeeming love.

Lord how wonderful You are and how wise You are. You know what I need far more than I could ever know. What a privilege to be involved in doing good deeds and be free from all the lawless deeds that are destroying people all around me and destroying the world in which I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home