Friday, August 10, 2007

Devotions 10-08-07

I Timothy 6:11-12
"...... pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith...."

God is telling me to pursue qualities of the Christain faith. They do not just happen nor should I just consider them but I am to run after them and to chase them as long as I live. These are important qualities that God knows I must have to be all that God wants me to be.

Righteousness is doing what is right according to God's Word . Godliness is having the character of God in my own character. Faith is trusting God and believing all that He has promised me. Love is thinking more of others than I do of my self. Perseverance is steadfastness or endurance. Never quitting or giving up no matter how difficult situations may be. Gentleness is being patient and helping others as they seek to know God and to obey Him.

The christian life is all about Faith. Trusting and believing God to do what He has said and promised. It is a struggle or a fight against all the evil and distractions that want me to lose my faith and begin to doubt. It is truth that is worth fighting for and it is a good fight.

Lord, help me in my fight to grow in Faith. I do not want to just maintain my faith but to grow more in faith each day I live. Give me the strength to fight the lies and doubts that the world is giving to me each and every day I live. Lord, You alone are the Sovereign of the world. You alone are King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home