Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Devotions 27-06-07

Ps 127:1-2

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to retire late, to eat the bread of painful labors; for He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

I am grateful that God taught me early that I needed to let Him build my house and family. He has done it and I am grateful. I think today that I am more grateful than I have ever been. I must never stop being grateful for all the great and amazing works He has done for me.

He has also protected me and my family as we have lived in five countries besides our home country, the United States. We have traveled many miles by air and by car and God has been our protector through it all.

God has also provided for us through those who have prayed for us and those we have ministered to over the years. God has led some folks to faithfully give to us for many years. I have done so poorly at expressing gratitude for these gifts to God and to those who have obeyed the Lord in giving to us. He does give to us even when we are resting in the Lord.

I pray that my walk with the Lord does bring Him honor and glory and He is pleased with my heart to be His servant. I need to spend more time expressing my gratefulness to Him and those who have given and prayed for us so faithfully. O Lord, Your Word is so true and accurate and You do exactly what You say You will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home