Friday, June 29, 2007

Devotions 29-06-07

Ps 130:1-4

Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.

I have been in the depths of difficulties many times and I would imagine that you have too. I have cried out to the Lord and have wondered if He was hearing me but then I know He has promised to hear me. Maybe my crying out to Him is more for my benefit than it is to get God's attention. If I was truly convinced that God always hears me I would be more persistent in my praying.

I am so glad that God does not keep a chart and mark down all my sins. The list would be long and I would be greatly condemned. But God forgives my sin and will never remember them again. It is so comforting to know that my record with God is clean because Jesus died for me and forgave all my sins. This forgiveness causes me to love God so very much and to revere and worship Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There is no one that loves me like Jesus.

So this is all about prayer and letting God help me in living this life He has given me. I need His help all the time and I know He is always ready to help me whatever the situation might be. I know He is good and does what is good. He is just and does what is best for me. I must rest in Him and wait for Him and seek to obey Him in all I do. Thank You Lord for Your grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home