Thursday, June 28, 2007

Devotions 28-06-07

Ps 128:1-4

How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, you will be happy and it will be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, your children like olive plants around your table. Behold for thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.

It is interesting what the Lord does not say in this passage. He does not mention possessions or how much land you have or what kind of house you have or what your transportation might be. God only mentions your work is fruitful so you and your family can eat. You and your wife will have many children and and you will be happy. This is the blessings of a man who fears(greatly reveres) the Lord.

Forgive me Lord when I think too much about what I do not have and to much about the future. I have been blessed to still have the wife of my youth and four children who are following You. They have given us fourteen grandchildren and they are all so precious. Lord, keep me fearing You and telling my grandchildren how wonderful You are and all You have done for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home