Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Devotions 11-04-07

Ps 81:8-10
"Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me! "Let there be no strange god among you; nor shall you worship any foreign god. "I, the Lord, am your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

God wants to give good things to His people and He urges me to listen to His advice. He is speaking to Israel but it surely applies to all who worship the Lord, and I am one of those. Am I so busy with my plans that I do not listen to what God has to say to me.

God says to not have strange gods and not to worship foreign gods. In America we are doing both these days. We are allowing Islam, Buddha and other foreign gods to have freedom in our country that is undermining our values as Christians. We want to give them freedom to worship as they please but soon they will be taking away our rights because that is part of their belief system.

O Lord, I want to worship You alone and to pay so close attention to what You say and be ever so eager to receive all You desire to give to me and my family.

Your word to me today is to listen to what You are saying to me when I am in Your Word. It is good advice that I must pay close attention. I must not allow other gods to influence me in any way and that includes foreign gods. There is only one God who is the creator and the Savior of all who will put their faith in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home