Thursday, April 05, 2007

Devotions 05-04-07

Ps 76:1-3
God is known in Judah; His name is great in Israel, and His tabernacle is in Salem; His dwelling place also is in Zion. There He broke the flaming arrows, the shield and the sword, and the battles of war. Selah

God is known in a personal way in Judah. This is the way that God wants all His children to know Him. He wants me to know His great love for me but also how He hates sin and all the evil that could destroy me. He wants me to know His character and the way that He does things so I might represent Him accurately.

His name is great in Israel because the people of Judah have told others because of their personal knowledge of Him. So I must do the same in my world and seek to know God so closely and then to tell others how great God is. This is not because I have heard of Him but because I know Him personally and I fellowship with Him daily.

In this personal relationship with God I have been with Him where He dwells in Salem, the city of Peace. Not physically but in my spirit. God's peace floods my being when I am in His presence. Jesus said in John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace...." How wonderful to have the peace of God in our lives throughout our lives.

Not only does God dwell in Salem but He also dwells in Zion. Zion reveals the power of God. It is here that He does battle with all that is evil and wicked. He broke the flaming arrows as well as the shield and the sword and all the instruments of war. In fact some day He will destroy even the battles of war and there will be none; only His Peace.

What a wonderful picture for me to follow in my personal walk with God. 1st I must seek to know Him and grow in my knowledge of Him every day of my life

2nd I must tell others of His greatness so the whole world around me is aware of the greatness of my God. He is great and there is no one like Him.

3rd as I know Him and understand His greatness then I will experience the Peace which only He can give. In fact He dwells in the city of Salem or the city of peace. This city is Jerusalem and someday God will dwell there and rule the world in Peace.

4th there is Zion which demonstrates the power of God. God also dwells here to crush all that is evil and wicked and will someday defeat war and there will be no more. So I must join my Lord in this battle both to bring people to know Him but to also deliver those who are captured by evil and held as slaves today. This is a spiritual war for the souls of me. The weapons are love and grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home