Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Devotions 10-04-07

Ps 78:70-72
He also chose David His servant, and took him from the sheepfolds; from the care of the ewes with suckling lambs He brought him, to shepherd Jacob His people, so he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them with his skillful hands.

God chose a servant to lead His people and to make them a great nation. God is the Almighty and sovereign Lord. David came from the fields where he was caring for sheep and learning how to provide for them. He did it faithfully with sheep and God gave him people to shepherd in the same way.

David had an honest heart and he was skilled in warfare. God places a high value on honesty because He is honest and trustworthy. He also looks for someone who is skilled and who will work to remain skilled. David was such a man.

David had a servant heart, an honest heart and was skillful in what he did. I think this is a good combination that God is looking for in the lives of His children. In whatever God created me to be I must be a servant and honest and be skillful in His task that He has for me.

I have a great desire to be a good servant of God and to be a man of integrity and to be skillful in what I do. I am not sure that I am very skillful in discipling others but I want to be. It is amazing how clear things can be at one time and so fuzzy at another. I think prayer is the difference. Lord, help me to pray as I ought. I pray for this coming weekend that You would give me wisdom in what I should do with this small Nav team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home