Monday, February 26, 2007

Devotions 25-02-07

Ps 47:1-4
"Clap your hands, all peoples; shout to God with the voice of joy. For the Lord Most High is to be feared, a great King over all the earth. He subdues peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chooses our inheritance for us, the glory of Jacob whom He loves."

It appears we should be excited about who God is. The psalmist was! Am I confident that the Lord my God is the Lord Most High and that He should be respected so much that others seeing me would think I am afraid of Him. But I am not afraid because I know He loves me so very much but He is still the great King over all the earth. There is no king or god greater than He.

All peoples are under His control and all nations bow down to Him. As His sons or daughters we will rule over them to bring them to God through the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. In fact our inheritance is from God which is related to the glory that He has given Jacob whom He loves.

I so desire to have that confidence that the Lord is the Lord Most High. I long to have that deep respect of my God that other would think I fear Him. Perfect love cast out fear so I do not fear Him because I know He loves me so perfectly. My love is not that perfect but I know someday it will be. Lord, help me to be so very excited about You all the time. Burn this truth so deep in my soul!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home