Saturday, February 24, 2007

Devotions 24-02-07

Ps 46:10-11
" Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

I strive for a lot of things in this world. i strive for a good job a nice home and maybe even a nice car. There are also a lot of smaller items I strive to gain. God tells me to quit striving and just get to know who He is. The reason is because He will be exalted among the nations and in the whole earth. There is nothing more important than getting to know the God of heaven and earth.

This mighty God is right now with me and He is my stronghold against the enemy who hates me. There is security in God more than anything else. No one or anything is greater than the God of all creation.

Lord, help me to quit working for the wrong things and seek to know You so much more than I do. It is so easy to work or strive for things that are trinkets in comparison to God. I am so grateful for all God has done for me. Lord help me to truly worship You as I should and get to know You as I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home