Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Devotions 21-02-07

Ps 43:3-4
"O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling places. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God."

I need the light of God and His truth to lead me to His holy hill and His dwelling places. The world I live in is full of darkness and unholy situations and I long to be in the presence of a pure and holy environment. It is like going into a place where I are safe and can relax and there is such beauty there. Maybe it is a beautiful garden with a water fountain that soothes my soul. Maybe it is a lovely room that is warm and cozy and I feel so safe and secure from all that is troubling me.

Yet I know that it is God's presence that I truly need. So I long to go to the altar of God, to God who is the source of all my joy. There I want to sing praise to Him and honor Him. This altar of God can be anywhere I choose. I must find a place that I can be alone to worship and to praise the God who has given me such joy and peace. He is always available to me.

Lord, I am grateful for Your light and truth that leads me into Your presence. Oh, help me to be attentive to Your light and Your truth. I need so much wisdom in knowing how to help Melanie and how to guide those that are seeking to help her. I need Your light and truth so desperately. I feel very weak but I know that You have all the strength that I need. I trust in You with my whole being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home