Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Devotions 20-02-07

Ps 42:11
"Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me ? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance, and my God."

How often do I get discouraged about life or my work or just how my life is going? It is easy to get my focus on the circumstance of life and fail to keep my focus on God. When this happens it is easy to get discouraged and to lose hope and to lose the joy of living.

But the answer to all my problems is to "Hope in God". That is to wait on God and to think on His greatness and remember that He is God Almighty and He is able to do anything. Countenance is my demeanor, or bearing or mental composure. It is what people see who I am when they look at me. Am I frustrated and full of anxiety or do I have a calm and confident spirit about what I am seeking to do. God is the help of my countenance and the way I look to others. He is my God!

Lord, I need Your grace and strength to keep my focus on God and not the circumstances of life. I need to be reminded of this every day and every moment of every day. Thank You for Your continued presence and Your word in my heart that remindes me of who You are to me. Lord, I need your calming Spirit over my soul today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home