Monday, February 19, 2007

Devotions 19-02-07

Ps 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay; and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. And He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear, and will trust in the Lord."

The word patiently can also be translated intently. So it is not a do nothing patience but a patience with anticpation of what God might do. With my cry out to the Lord I should look forward to what God is going to do. He does hear me when I cry out to Him.

In this situation God lifts the person out of a pit of destruciton which has clay that clings to the person trying to keep him or her trapped. This is all a good picture of what sin does to me. It will destroy me and it tries to keep me trapped in the sticky clay of sin that does not want to let me go. What a joy to be given a firm footing so I can stand and have freedom from the sin of the world.

Not only does God set me free but He gives me songs to sing. Songs of freedom and forgiveness. Songs of joy and peace. When others see this joy and freedom from sin they will see what God has done and will respect the power of God to deliever and will trust the Lord.

Lord, keep me free from the sticky sin of the world. The world is full of it and I can get caught it if I am not careful. I do not want to lose the joy and peace that a life of purity will bring. I want to be singing and help others to see the joy and peace that God brings. The Lord Jesus is the rock that God sets my feet on to stand firm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home