Friday, February 16, 2007

Devotions 16-02-07

Ps 37:29-31
"The righteous will inherit the land, and dwell in it forever. The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice. The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not slip."

These are all wonderful thoughts from God and should encourage us as we meditate on them. There is a reward in being righteous even in this life. We will inherit land and dwell in it securely. For me this is strictly by faith. I do not know of any land that I will inherit unless it is in heaven. I am not sure this is a literal promise to me but the spiritual implication is very definitely that I do have a land in heaven that I will inherit and it will be for ever.

The second blessing of being righteous is that God gives me wisdom and my tongue will speak justice. Really all the praise goes to God who has made me righteous through Jesus Christ and with His righteousness comes all these blessings.

There is another reason for these blessings and this is dependent on what I do with God's Word or God's Law. I must hide it in my heart. This gives me stability and I will not be slipping or falling in my walk with God.

I am so grateful for those who have taught me the scriptures and have urged me to memorize God's Word. It has been such a blessing to me and my family.

Thank You Lord for Your wonderful grace that You have showered on me and for those faithful servants of Yours who have helped me in my growing up into spiritual maturity. Lord help me to be forever grateful and to be conscious of how I am so unworthy but You in Your great Grace has given me these gifts. Help me to continue to Praise You in what I do and what I say. You are the One and only Almighty God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home