Thursday, February 15, 2007

Devotions 15-02-07

Prov 37:23-26
"The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand. I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or his descendants begging bread. All day long he is gracious and lends; and his descendants are a blessing."

God is the one who establishes us but we must cooperate with Him to enable Him to do so. I must wait for Him and to follow His ways which is not always easy. When I do allow Him to establish my ways He will be delighted in my way. That is a great comfort to have.

When we do fall He is there to hold us up. It is not if we fall but when we fall. We all will fall at some time and we sure need the Lord near to be holding on to our hand when that happens.

I became a Christian when I was 21 and now I am 73 and I can say God is speaking truth. He has done this for my family and I give Him all the credit for taking care of us all. I was so proud of my son when he retired as a LtCol from the US Marine Corps and how he honored the Lord in his retirement field ceremony and in his retirement dinner. He shared how Christ had changed his life and sustained him over the 20 years he was with the US Marines.

I was encouraged when Steve's commander Col Boyle told of the exceptional service Steve did while the Operational Officer of the third Marine Division. God allowed Steve to plan some military exercises that Col Boyle had not seen done as well in the 25 years he has been in the military. God desires that His servants to excel in whatever task the Lord may give us to do.

I share this to show that God does keep His Word and does bless our descendants if we truly follow His ways and His Word. We have prayed much for our son and shared our lives with him so that he could be the servant of the Lord that God desired him to be.

Lord, I do praise You for all You have done for Steve in his 46 years of life and his 20 years in the US Marines. I thank You for protecting him in many dangereous exercises and missions that he has lead troops in different parts of the world. Lord continue to lead him and guide him as he leads his family to be lights in a dark and evil world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home