Thursday, January 11, 2007

Devotions 11-01-07

Psalm 11:1-3

In the Lord I take refuge; how can you say to my soul, "flee as a bird to your mountain; for, behold the wicked bend the bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, to shoot in darkness at the upright in heart. If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

If the Lord is my refuge then there is no better place to be. My mountain is not as secure as being under the protection of God. The wicked may want to take my life but God will not allow that until the time He chooses. This confidence in God is a foundation to my faith and my life. If I allow the foundations of my life to be destroyed what good can I do? Not very much! I must protect the foundations of my faith at all cost.

Lord, I do want You to be my refuge and my strength. I do want to protect the foundations of my faith and not allow the enemy to destroy my faith with his lies. Lord, help me to think wisely and have the wisdom that comes from You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home