Thursday, January 04, 2007

Devotions 04-01-07

Psalm 4:1-3
Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer. O sons of men how long will my honor become a reproach? How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? But know that the Lord has set apart the godly man for Himself; the Lord hears when I call to Him.

I know that God is almighty and that He hears me when I pray. I know the psalmist knows that as well but he keeps asking God to hear him. I feel the request is more for the psalmist benefit than it is a request to God. I feel the same way. I need to keep reminding myself and make sure I am convinced that God will hear me and that He will answer me.

The person who is not godly does the most foolish things and they do develop a love for some of the most worthless things. We can be influenced by their lives more than we imagine if we are not careful. They even deceive themselves and become blind to what is really of true value.

God is so gracious to me when I seek Him and desire to honor Him. He will protect me and help me with the issues of life because He loves me so much. Oh, to serve my Lord who has given me His righteousness.

The Lord does hear and answers and gives to me what is best for me. God is good and gives only good things and I must not allow the world, my ungodly friends, satan or anyone or anything to influence me to believe anything else. Lord thank You for Your patience with me and Your wonderful mercy and grace.You are worthy of all praise, honor and glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home