Saturday, January 06, 2007

Devotions 06-01-07

Psalm 5:1-3
Give ear to my word, O Lord, consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You do I pray. In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

I love the simplicity of this prayer and the heart cry that is expressed. I think that the psalmist knows God will hear but he is reminding himself that he must believe that God will hear him. This is a child like faith that believes that God will not forsake him but will hear and will answer. He acknowledges that God is his God and his King. He promises to pray to Him in the morning and he will eagerly watch for the answers. Do I eagerly look for the answers from my requests that I express to God? Not as much as I ought!

Lord, I pray that my words would be few and that I would express clearly what is on my heart. I pray I would have the child like faith to believe that You will answer me and that I would eagerly look for Your answers to my requests. I want to express clearly my appreciation to You for the answers You give me regardless of how You answer. You may grant my request or You may say wait or possibly "No". I know You will give to me what is best for me and for the work of Your kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home