Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Devotions 09-01-07

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

If I truly know God's name and know what is behind that name I will have complete confidence in Him. In Isaiah 9:6b the scriptures say "And His name will be called Wonderful,Counsellor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Not only can God be fully trusted but He has never forsaken any one who truly seeks
Him. I guess I must ask myself do I truly know God's name and understand who He truly is. Maybe I should spend some time thinking on what does His name mean and how would I act differently if I truly believe He is what His name says.

Lord, deliever me from shallow thinking. Help me to think deeply and seriously about who You are and how Your names define who You are. There is noone more Wonderful than God, there is no one who can give the perfect Counsel but God, He is the Mighty God because there are no other gods that come close to the one and only true God. He is the Eternal Father who has no beginning and no end. He is also the Prince of Peace, the one who brings peace into our lives and into our world. Since Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and the Father are all one then Jesus has all the qualities. Lord help me to grasp this truth more today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home