Monday, January 01, 2007

Devotions 01-01-07

Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.

It is one thing to delight in the bible and to read it and study it but to go further I must meditate in it during the day and at night when I have the opportunity. I think on a lot of different things during the day and at night. I realize that many of my thoughts are not that profitable and some evolve into sin. If I were to be more conscious of using unproductive time to meditate on God's Word the benefits would be outstanding.

Just how do I go about to meditate on the scriptures day and night? For a starter I must spend some time and come up with a workable plan that is easy to follow. I must have a way to determine if I am truly doing this and maybe I should record the results of my doing this. I could use my daily devotions or my daily reading of the bible as the source of my meditations. The most ideal would be to use the scriptures I have memorized as this source of meditation.

I have been thinking of writing out some of my prayer time on this blog as a stimulus to making my prayer more specific and more meaningful to me. I could also do the same for my recording of some of my meditations. So I would have devotions, prayer, meditations and scripture review all on this blog.

Lord, these are all idea to help me to meditate more on Your Word day and night. I do not want to be doing more just to be doing it but if it will help me to be more faithful in those areas that I feel are so very important than it will be a worthy discipline. Today is a good day to begin.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks for the thoughts. This has been something on my heart for a while, but I have allowed the lies that I am "too busy" to keep this at a distance. Today I am planning to get some additional time to meditate and pray over the priorities of my life. I think it is the grace of God that allows us to come to the end of our strength and efforts so that we get to see God's strength magnified in our lives...THEN we will be filled with His praises!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home