Saturday, December 30, 2006

Devotions 30-12-06

Zechariah 6:8-10
"Then the word of the Lord came to Zechariah saying "Thus has the Lord of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another'.."But they refused to obey!

God is still speaking to us today about these basic truths that we must obey. So how am I doing at these things? Am I listening to the Lord and His Word or do I just read over these things and do not stop to consider my life as I should? Do I in the process refuse to obey and continue on in my busy Christian life full of meetings and things I enjoy; or do I take time to help those who are outside my realm of Christian activity.

I have missed three days of writing out my devotions. I have read but did not get much and I just did not feel very well. I pushed to read but my mind seemed to be locked into a blank screen. If you have prayed for me, thanks. I am encouraged that today I woke up with a fresh eagerness to hear God speak. Pray that what I have shared would not be just words but I would take seriously what God has said to me.

There are just two more days in this year; today and tomorrow. Pray that each of us and especially me that I would be grateful to God who has done so many wonderful things this year. I want to remember very clearly all that God has done and not what I have done. I want to clearly make a difference in these two.

Second, I want to begin to pray and believe God to do some mighty things in this coming year for His glory. Things I could not possibly do but He will do so He would be glorified. I want to fit into God's plan for my life in the year 2007. For one, I want to be more a man of prayer than I was this year. I need to determine what God would have me to do to see this become a reality. Pray with me in this endeavor. God bless You richly today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home