Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Devotions 25-04-07

Ps 91:14-16
"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him, and let him behold My salvation."

God will take care of me when I am in a love relationship with Him. His love is a deep caring love far greater than I can even imagine. It is not only my love for God but I know Him by name. His name is Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.

Because I love my Father and know His name, I will call to Him when I am in trouble and He will answer me, He will rescue me and honor me. He will give me a long life and let me see and experience His wonderful salvation.

So what do I learn from these verses? The basis of prayer is loving God and knowing Him for who He is. I love Him because of His great love shown to me on the cross and His care of me through the years. He is the Wonderful Counselor who gives perfect counsel that I can trust completely. He is the Mighty God that is above all gods and everyone bows to Him in Heaven and Earth. He is the Everlasting Father that has no end. He will always be there for me. He is the Prince of Peace, the one who brings peace into the world and will someday bring eternal peace to the whole world.

Then God invites me to call to Him and He will answer and go far beyond what I could ask or think. So why do I not pray more? It is only because I become distracted by the unimportant and forget who God truly is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home