Thursday, May 03, 2007

Devotions 03-05-07

Ps 97: 10-12
Hate evil, you who love the Lord, who preserves the souls of His godly ones; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked. Light is sown like seed for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. Be glad in the Lord, you righteous ones; and give thanks to His holy name.

Oh to be able to hate evil but to not hate those who are doing evil. It is very difficult to separate the two for me. First I must seek to hate evil myself and not allow any evil to become a part of my thinking or actions. Those who are doing evil I must pray for them to turn from their evil and give them to the Lord to deal with according to His justice and mercy.

I need not fear evil because God preserves the souls of His godly ones and promises to deliver me from the hand of the wicked. If I will do my part in hating evil then God will do His part in preserving me and protecting me from the wicked. Not only will He deliver and protect me but He gives me light into my life.

God says He will give me light like it would be seed for my growth in righteousness. There is a place in scripture that says "the entrance of God's Word gives us light" Ps 119:105 says "God's Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." I want to get as much light into my life so there is no darkness or evil in my life. I want the seed of light to grow into a blazing light that eliminate all darkness from me.

When this occurs there will be gladness and joy that will fill my heart and soul. I will be glad in the Lord and give thanks to His Holy Name.

I am so grateful to all God has done for me. Oh, how I want to hate evil and to allow His Light to fill my life completely. There are so many things I need to be doing and I need to do them in order of priority. I know I must work harder to do what is right and to turn from evil so God is able to give me light and strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home