Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Devotions 02-05-07

Ps 96:1-4
Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples. For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.

Songs seem to be important in our worship of God. I know that I enjoy singing to the Lord in my times alone with God. It is good to recall songs of years past that have meant so much to me. God urges me to sing a new song and not just old songs. I think He is saying fashion a song out of what you are experiencing today and keep your faith fresh before me.

When my songs to the Lord are fresh then I will more likely proclaim good tidings of His wonderful salvation every day. I will tell it to the nations are wherever I am; He has done wonderful deeds for everyone. God is great and I must praise Him for who He is and what He has done. He is to be revered and worshiped above all gods.

Lord, I need a fresh song to sing. I am not proclaiming good tidings and proclaiming your wonderful salvation as much as I should. I feel so weak and I need Your strength so very much. You are a wonderful and mighty God and I do love You so very much. In my weakness allow me to be strong in faith and to trust You to do great and mighty things for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home