Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Devotions 24-04-07

Ps 90:16-17
Let Your work appear to Your servants, and Your majesty to their children. And let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; and do confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.

Every one likes to see results from the work they are doing. I may not always be able to see the end results but I think it is ok for me to ask God to allow me to see what He is doing through my work in some degree. So I ought to pray that my children will be able to see the greatness and the majesty of God through my life and what I have sought to do for God's honor and glory.

I first prayed this thought of God confirming the work of our hands while stationed in Germany some 42 years ago. I think He has done that for Lou and me at various times over the years. To confirm means to give lasting value to what we are seeking to do in serving God. We believe God has done this for us since we have been in Estonia.

Lord, thanks for the permanence which we see You doing in the lives of people that You have brought into our ministry. We trust You are doing more than what we are able to see and we give You all the praise. We are grateful for the favor You have shown us and continue to ask that You would favor us with Your many blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home