Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Devotions 18-04-07

Ps 86:11-13
Faithfulness springs from the earth; and righteousness looks down from heaven. Indeed, the Lord will give what is good; and our land will yield its produce. Righteousness will go before Him, and will make His footsteps into a way.

Faithfulness or truth is the responsibility of men to the works of God. It is His righteousness that comes down from heaven to guide us and to direct us in what we are to do. Oh, how hard it is for me to be faithful in what I should do. I try to do so much and end up not being faithful in what is truly important.

God will always give what is good because that is His very nature. Oh, that I would appreciate more the goodness of God. If I am faithful to His righteousness then the land of Estonia will yield its produce of godly men and women. That is why Lou and I came to Estonia to be available to God to do through us.

As God does righteousness in Estonia then His footsteps will become a way for others to follow. There is such a hunger that people have to know the way of godliness and the way of God's blessings. I need wisdom and His strength to do the work of His righteousness and to be faithful to the ministry He has given me here in Estonia.

Lord, I thank You for the strength You have given me but also for the weakness that I have as well. I know I must be faithful at the tasks you have given me and to be diligent to follow Your footsteps of righteousness and faith. Give me discernment in what is Your way and what are the distractions of other ways that may be good but not the best. I know Your way is the very best and I long to be in that way. I long to see the fruit of Your righteousness in the lives of the people of Estonia. I long to see true discipleship begin to reproduce in the lives of Your people in this land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home